Saturday, January 28, 2012

BATHTASITC!

The hallway kids bathroom is going to be my future laundry room, when we sell our other house.  I thought I could live with it until then, but it was just too ugly, I had to do something!  I did not have a lot of extra money for this before & after so I really wanted to  use what I already had.  I had extra paint from my dining room and I always have white spray paint on hand so I was ready for the job!

I really could have entered this bathroom in "the ugliest bathroom contest" and definitely placed!!
Unfortunately, the 80's bubble light is not in this picture.  I found a new light at Lowe's for $30.

The after:


Isn't amazing what a little paint does for a room?  I would have loved a new mirror.  I don't like mirrors that are not framed, but since I didn't want to spend a lot money on this before and after, I am going to just keep it as is!  My husband said he could frame it for me, so I'll add that photo when he does that.  Also, don't you just love the cabinet painted white?  I also always have high gloss white on hand!  It is my favorite trim color.  It reflects light and always makes any color pop!   I did have to buy new knobs for the cabinet doors because the ones that were there were chipped.  They were only $1.49 also at Lowe's.  So, the total for this B&A was $32.98!

There is a wall radiator unit in this bathroom that was rusted and so dirty!  I had to clean it with a toothbrush.  I was gagging at all of the dirt.  I do not think anyone had ever cleaned it.  Here is what it looked like before:
The after is much better: The can of white spray paint made this paint job easier!
Now this bathroom makes me smile!

2 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!! It looks amazing!!! I LOVE this color in the bathroom!!! I can not believe how great the before and afters are! and with the crisp white.. stunning! love the accessories you pulled together as well! great job! and I think if you framed around the mirror that is already in there, it would look fantastic! LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your makeover looks great! It is amazing what a little paint can do!

    ReplyDelete