Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Our Tiny Efficient Mudroom!


I have the smallest mudroom in the world, but as one of my friends said, "at least you have one!" So true.  In our last house our mudroom was enormous it was an old family room and we didn't need 3 family rooms so we turned that one into a mudroom.  It had more room to make a mess.  This entry can only fit what you need, and all you need in a mudroom is a place to hang coats:
Unfortunately, I do not have a before of this space it was a mustard yellow-gold color.  Now it is Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams.  I love this color it is my new favorite house color.  During the day it is gray and at night it has a blue tone, in the morning it has a green tone.  Light and airy colors are my favorite.  So when I walk in my home I smile.  We found the boards in our 1895 barn and bought the hooks.  When you walk in the door you are greeted with a message wall:
It is fun to write on.  We use it to write holiday greetings,  Bible verses and reminders for the kids schedules.  It's always smudged with love!
My husband took out a super tiny closet.  He made one shelf for each of our 3 kids to store stuff in their baskets.  It is winter now so hats, gloves, socks, goggles, etc. are piled high in each one.  On their shelf they have room for their sports bags & sneakers.  They each have a hook for their backpacks.

The first two pics were taken at around 11am, and the bottom was taken late afternoon around 4:30. ( The door has a window and on the opposite side of the coats there is a window.  See how different the color looks? Fun!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! The sea salt paint looks perfect in there, and I love love love your chalkboard wall!!! Great job :) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kellie,
    I love your hooks and the cool wood! What a a great idea and so unusual! Also, I'm crazy about chalkboard walls, I'm almost thinking of sanding down our textured wall in our dinning room so I can make it into a chalkboard wall! I love yours!

    ReplyDelete