Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Our New Home!

This is the Carriage House attached to the house!

My husband and I had wanted to live in an old house for a long time!  7 years ago we built what we thought was our dream home.  It was beautiful & in a beautiful neighborhood filled with children of all ages for my children to play with.  Actually, it still is a beautiful neighborhood and some of our neighbors have turned into life-long friends!  It was kind of a joke in the neighborhood that we got the "lemon"!
Well, soon after we moved in, things started to fall apart in the structure of the house.  The wood floors needed to be refinished the windows started to not work properly, it was so cold that the pipes froze in our bathroom.  We found out that it was not insulated and it was over the garage!  The list goes on and on and on, but I won't bore you with that!  After 2 years my husband wanted to sell our home.  With 3 small kids at the time, I was not supportive of that endeavor! That was for sure.  But the summer of 2011 was a different story!  We wanted to get out of the huge mortgage that came with our mini-masion and find an older home with Character and good bones!
We found her!  She is a beautiful home built in 1895!  We almost made an offer the day we looked at it!  It had been empty for some time so we got an incredible deal!!  WE had not sold our existing home yet, but we just couldn't wait to live in it, so we started the slow move downtown!! ( I forgot to tell you that I can walk just about everywhere, coffee, lunch, farmer's market, the bank, the park, etc.!!!)  I will be telling you a lot about this house through this blog!  I wanted a place where I could share all of our renovations with family and friends.  The structure of the home is solid most of our projects so far are just paint and stuff!  After we sell our old house, then the fun will begin with a new kitchen, bathrooms and a laundry room...but for now here is what we have been working on.  I hope you have fun looking and please if you have any ideas or comments, I would love to hear from you!!  Thanks for looking.
This is the first picture I took of the house.  It is the side of the house showing my "coffee porch"  I have a "wine porch" too that I will share later!

2 comments:

  1. ohh Kellie!!! It's great!! I love reading all about it.. and CAN NOT wait to read more!!! And can't wait to come have coffee on your coffee porch this summer !!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Bre!! I'm thinking you may be a fixture here this summer! We can just go back and forth between houses doing projects!! love you! Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete